In line with the aim of developing a newagri-food business model and promotingMediterranean food products, the Projectaims to obtain an innovative product thatcan help improve human health andaddress some of the challenges of theMediterranean area. The Project has thefollowing objectives:
- to develop feed based on the integrationof products derived from flax and algaecapable of promoting production (yieldincrease and booster effect on the fixationof n-3 in meat) and reproductive (increasein fertility even in hot climatic conditionsalso linked to « global warming ») of therabbit;
- improve the health status of rabbit farmsthrough a better immunological responseand greater resistance to infectiousdiseases, thus leading to a reduction in theuse of antibiotics and antibiotic resistance;
- produce a new and innovative functionalfood (Ωrabbit meat) that can be producedby SMEs and connect local agriculturalproducers to urban, national andinternational markets;
- develop an innovative packagingmethod, which allows to maintain thequality and extends the shelf-life of Ωrabbitmeat by promoting its marketing in thelocal market and export;
- create a new market and a new foodchain (Consortium ΩRABBIT), whichincludes under its own disciplinary and logothe entire food chain that produces Ωrabbitmeat according to the « from the farm tothe fork » principle.